We've put together a list of common questions you might want to ask a college representative at a college fair. This list is a great place to start, but is not intended to be a complete or exhaustive list of questions.
- How many undergraduate and graduate students to do you enroll?
- What is the male to female ratio?
- What is the campus size?
- Are you located in an urban, suburban or more rural environment?
- What is the makeup of the student body?
- Where do you tend to draw your students from?
- What kind of students are you looking for?
- What are some of the more popular majors? Do you have my major?
- What is the average class size?
- Are major classes taught by professors or graduate students?
- What opportunities exist for research, independent study, or study abroad?
- Do you have an honors program?
- I’m planning to major in XX or XX. Are there specific admissions requirements for these majors?
- How do first year students choose classes?
- What do students do in the evenings and weekends?
- What kinds of the clubs and activities do you have?
- Is there a Greek system or other social fraternity/sororities?
- What kind of student housing is available and for how long is a guaranteed?
- Is your sports program large and diverse? Are you known for a particular sport or activity? What division do your athletes play in?
- Do you offer intramural sports?How popular are intramural sports?
- Are there special facilities in your interest area, i.e., radio station, computer access, jazz band? What are your emissions standards?
Jobs/Internships and Career Planning
- How is job the job placement?
- How about placement in law or medical school, etc.?
- Do you have career planning?
- Are there internships or co-ops?
- Do you have specific academic or high school course requirements for admission?
- What application materials do you require?
- What is the most important part to the application?
- What do you look for in prospective students?
- How do you measure demonstrated interest?
- Can you tell me about your application process? What are the deadlines?
- What are the tuition, room and board, and total cost (of program) of the school?
- What kind of financial aid is available? What financial aid forms do you require?
- Do you have merit-based scholarships? Is there a separate form for an academic scholarships?
- How can I register to visit your school? Do you offer campus tours?
- Do you have any upcoming open house or larger on-campus programs?
- Can I meet with a faculty member?
- Will I see a dinning or residence hall?
- When is the best time to visit?