|Some colleges collect this information via your official transcript, and don't require that you fill out this profile section on the Coalition site.|
This section lets you report your academic record for grades 9 through 11, including all of the courses you took, grades you received, the year and terms for each course, and, if you attended more than one high school, the different schools you attended. This section should include courses and grades as they are listed on your official transcript.
This section relies on the high school information you already added in the High School Information section. If you have not added your high school to your profile, return to the High School Information section to do so.
Before entering courses, select which grade you took the course(s) in that you want to enter.
Next add your coursework for that grade.
If a course hasn't begun yet, or is in progress, don't enter it here yet.
Enter the following about each course:
- Subject area: Choose from the drop-down list to subject area that best describes the course. If you need help figuring out the subject area, see this article for some examples.
- Course name on transcript: Enter the official course name from your transcript so that admissions offices can match the course you are reporting here with your transcript.
- College credit? Check the box if you took this course at a college or received college credit for it. Select the college from the list (of colleges you already entered in the College Information section), or add a new college if necessary.
- Type: Choose from the drop-down list, the type that best represents this particular course, e.g. an honors course, AP or IB. The listed types are possible descriptions your school might use. If you're unsure of the type, select "Not Applicable". You can also select "Other" to manually enter the course type, if it's not included in the drop-down list.
- Select a grading scale: Choose from the options (such as letter grade, number grade).
- Select how it was reported on your transcript: one final grade or multiple grades.
- Enter your final grade: The options reflect what type of grades you specified (letter, number, and so on)
- Block scheduling? Select the checkbox for "uses block scheduling" if this high school offers certain classes on different days of the week (for example, some classes meet Mon/Wed/Fri and other classes meet Tue/Thu).
- When course occurred: Select if the course was during the regular school year or summer.
- Your Grade when taking course: Select the grade you were in when you took the course. If you took the course before high school (such as in middle school) select "9th or earlier."
Once you have added all the information, either save and add another course, or save and close.
Repeat the sequence for each of the courses that you took, for as many high schools as you attended. Remember to go back to the High School Information section to add a different high school to your profile before you try to enter coursework information for that high school.
When you have entered all of the courses on your transcript for grades 9 through 11, click "I'm finished..." at the top of the section and confirm that this profile section is complete. If you have less than 5 courses for a grade, you'll be asked to explain.
Remember that you can edit the coursework in this section at any time until you submit your college applications. Just click EDIT next to the course whose data you want to edit.