You can request letters of recommendation, which are submitted and stored in your locker. When you apply to a college, you'll be able to attach the appropriate recommendations from your locker.
For more about submitting recommendations when you are working on applications, see this article.
Generally, it's standard to waive the right to view your recommendation letter. Once a letter of recommendation is submitted, if you request your application materials from a college, the letter won't be included in the information you can access.
For more about waiving the right to view recommendations, see this article.
To request a recommendation:
1. Go to Locker > Official Documents.
2. Select Add Recommender () under either "Counselor or Academic" or "General" (depending on which type of recommender).
3. In the field provided, type the name or email address of the recommender.
4. Depending on whether the recommender is already a contact, the process varies:
- If the recommender is already one of your contacts in the Coalition system, select their contact name.
- If the recommender is not already one of your contacts, enter their email address, and click or tap Continue to enter their first and last name.
5. Select Continue.
6. Select whether you do or do not waive your rights to view the document. You must select an answer.
7. Select Continue.
8. To complete the request and send a notification to the recommender, select Set As Recommender (). At any time, to leave the process and return to your Documents page, select Go Back.
9. A confirmation is displayed (recommender name, date, and status), Click or tap Close.
|If the email address you enter doesn't already have an account on the system, an invitation will be sent to the person to join the Coalition system. After signing up for a Coalition account, they can accept and complete your recommendation.|