How do I request transcripts and other official documents?

Your locker is a place to keep official documents (such as grade reports and transcripts) and recommendation letters. Any documents that are requested by one or more colleges you're applying to are listed in the "Official Documents" section.  

When filling out an application, you can request these items if they're not already available in your locker.

Key Concept

Counselors are able to begin the process of submitting grades and transcripts for you without an official document request from you. These documents appear in your locker. See this article for more about accepting or declining an offered document.

To request a document from a counselor or other supporter:

1. Click or tap Request for the item you need (such as a Mid-Year Grades).


2. Enter the contact name of the person who can upload this official document (for example, your school counselor), and click or tap Continue.


If the person is not yet your contact in the Coalition system, they will receive an invitation to join the Coalition site before they can respond to the request.

3. On the confirmation dialog, confirm the contact is correct, and click or tap Continue. A request is sent to the contact.

4. Information about the request, including its status, is now listed under Official Documents.


Click or tap the three dots to manage this document:

  • Cancel: cancels an existing request that has not yet been uploaded by the requested contact.
  • Change: removes this request so you can  send a new request to a different contact. 
  • Resend request: (only available when the document is complete) removes your access to the document and sends a new request. Only use this option if you have first cleared it with the recommender, who is planning to upload a new document for you.

The options there vary depending on the document's status (for example, if the contact hasn't uploaded it yet, you can cancel the request).




Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.